Provo’s Yard Waste Season starts on Monday and will run from February 27 through November 23, 2017. Your green yard waste cans will be emptied the same day as your regular garbage pickup. Please have your cans on the side of the road by 6:00 am.
Make sure that you are only putting yard waste in your green cans. We are unable to pick up green cans with unacceptable materials in them.
- No rocks, dirt, sod, paper, building materials, stumps, roots or animal waste
- The lid should be able to close – brush/limbs no longer than 3’ or hanging over can
- Yard Waste: grass clippings, leaves, weeds, tree branches (cut tree branches so they can fit in container)
- Food Waste: fruit, vegetables, bread, coffee grounds, egg shells, pasta/rice
- Other Waste: clean wood & wood chips, compostable paper bags
Not Acceptable Materials
- Meat or any other fatty food scraps
- Garbage, pet feces, plastics
- Sod, dirt, bricks or cement
- Wood products that have been treated with any kind of chemical e.g. varnished wood is not accepted
Yard waste recycling is considered a recycling option when it comes to recycling rates in your utility bill. Participating in yard waste recycling is just three touches away on your phone. Dial 3-1-1 for more information.
Provo Compost Yard Reopening
If you need to drop off large loads of yard waste or buy compost, the Provo Compost Yard is located at 1625 S Industrial Pkwy.
>The Provo Compost Yard is open March 3rd through December 9th from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm (weather dependent) on Fridays and Saturdays. Drop off of material is limited to Provo residents who will need to come with a copy of a current Provo City utility bill or drivers license. There is a $5.00 fee for pickup truck loads and for trailers up to 16’ for each drop off (Debit/Credit only). An additional charge will apply to larger trailer loads.
No stumps or roots will be accepted; nor will any logs larger than 10” in diameter. Logs larger than 4” in diameter will need to be cut to lengths no greater than 3’. No loads from commercial haulers or landscapers will be accepted.
Organic compost will be available to purchase for residents at $2.00 per yard, and for nonresidents at $5.00 per yard, depending on availability.
FYI – The Compost yard will be open all week during the Spring and Fall Cleanups, and drop off will be FREE during those weeks. Hours of operation during the seasonal Cleanups will be from 8AM until 6PM, Monday through Thursday; and 7AM to 5PM, Friday and Saturday.
- Spring Cleanup: March 27th – May 6th
- Fall Cleanup: September 25th – November 4th