When the Provo City Library relocated to Academy Square in September 2001, the number of items circulated was a little over a million. Nine years later, staff has decreased, and circulation has almost doubled. Here are some of the highlights from last year:
- Circulation: Circulated 1,828,158 items throughout the year.
- Collection: Processed and cataloged 34,000 new items.
- Children’s Programs: Held 758 children’s programs with over 73,000 in attendance.
- Teen Programs: Held first annual Teen Book Fest with over 1,000 participating, and broadcast it live on the Internet.
- Payment Card: Met payment card industry security compliance requirements for all online and dial-in terminals, and upgraded dial-in terminal firmware, trained staff, and adopted a credit card security policy.
- Distinguished Staff: Library Director Gene Nelson served on the 2010 Randolph Caldecott Committee of the American Library Association, and Children’s Manager Carla Morris co-chaired another national ALA committee.
Read about the library’s upcoming Family Literacy Symposium, with special guest Leif Enger, author of Peace Like a River, in the Daily Herald article here.