Provo has a fantastic every-other-week curbside recycling program for those who want to have the convenience of simply dropping recyclables into a blue can and rolling it out to the curb. What could be more simple while doing your part to make a difference in keeping a friendly environment for your families?
Not to mention, it is less expensive to recycle than it is to have extra black cans.
- Did you know you get a $2 discount each month on garbage service when participating in recycling?
- Did you know you save $11.75 a month when switching out 2 black cans for 1 black and 1 blue one?
- Did you know that around 70% of household waste can usually be recycled?
- Recycling can reduce waste, landfill use, and provide new items from old products while helping the environment.
How can you participate?
A friendly customer service rep can help you sign up for recycling at 311 or (801) 852-6000.
- $4.75/month per blue recycling can ($2 automatic discount on black can service)
- If you have a 2nd black can, switch one out for a recycling can to save $11.75/a month!
Containers Rate (Year-round)
1 garbage (black) cans $14.50/mo
2 garbage (black ) cans $29.00/mo
1 garbage (black) + 1 (blue) recycling $17.25/mo
What can be recycled. (no sorting needed)
All plastic bottles #1-7, aluminum, tin/metal cans, paper products (books, newspaper, junk mail, magazines), cardboard boxes, milk cartons, and tied together plastic grocery bags. See more here »
- Don’t put Styrofoam, glass, food or electronics in blue recycling cans
- You can get a green can from the city specifically for food and yard waste
- Cans picked up every 2 weeks, same day as black cans
- Allow 3 feet of space around cans and have lid closed
Check out Provo’s website for more recycling information » provo.org/sanitation