Summer starts early here in Provo! I am excited to announce that the outdoor pool at the Provo Recreation Center and the Pioneer Park Splash Pad are now open! Below are the summer schedules for the Splash Pad, Outdoor Pool, Indoor Pool, and Recreation Center summer programs. Check it out!
- The outdoor pool opens today, Saturday, May 24!
- The pool will be open from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Monday-Saturday through August 23, 2014.
Indoor Rec Center Pool
- The indoor pools are open from 5:00 am – 10:00 pm, Monday-Saturday.
- Toys in Zippy’s playhouse will be turned on at 10:00 am daily.
- Slides will be turned on at 12:00 pm daily.
- Starting Saturday, May 24, the Provo Recreation center will have extended operating hours on Saturdays to match their Monday-Friday schedule. The Recreation Center will be open Monday-Saturday, 5:00 am – 10:00 pm.
- New summer fitness schedule starts Monday, June 2. Updates will be available online at provo.org/reccenter.
Pioneer Park Splash Pad
- The Pioneer Park Splash Pad opens today, Saturday, May 24!
- The water feature is open to the public, seven days a week, from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Like all public aquatic facilities, the water jets shut down every hour for about 15 minutes to monitor the filtration system and to give participants an opportunity to use the restroom.
- Occasionally, an accident happens and the water in the facility must be immediately treated. This causes unplanned temporary closure of the system until the water can be made safe for use.
- Please help keep the fountain operating by using the restrooms and not bringing food or pets onto the splash deck and observing the other rules posted at the site.
If you have any questions about the splash pad, call the Parks Division Office: 801-852-6606.0