All Provo residents are invited to the Provo Kindness Rally on Monday, April 27, 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the Provo High Stadium. The Provo City School District, Provo Council PTA, and Fredette Family Foundation (“Jimmerosity”) are putting on this fun event to celebrate the chain reaction of kindness and compassion Provo students have been working on all school year. (See my blog post here.)
Some of the things you’ll see at the Provo Kindness Rally:
- Students will participate in the kindness chain parade around the field – each paper link represents a specific act of kindness someone has done this school year
- Performances by school choirs and bands
- BYU football players
- Mascots, such as our very own Zippy the chipmunk
- Guest speaker Jessie Clark Funk
- Personal experiences of kindness shared by our students
- Emcee Lisa Valentine Clark
- Jimmer Fredette’s parents and sister will be in attendance
Provo Kindness is more than one rally or one school year spent focused on kindness. Provo Kindness is something we can all participate in long-term – to make a purposeful effort every day to show compassion. Imagine what can happen if every resident did just one small act of kindness every day! Join us online to help spread Provo Kindness by visiting provokindness.org and the Provo Kindness Facebook and Instagram accounts. Participate in our contest to share photos of #ProvoKindness and win prizes!
Rachel Joy Scott said, “I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go.” Come get inspired for your own chain reaction at the Provo Kindness Rally on April 27!