Did you know that one of the biggest challenges some young readers face is having access to enough books to read? Luckily, that’s a problem that can easily be fixed. This month, you can help United Way of Utah County and EveryDay Learners raise over 200 books for local kids who need them!
All you have to do is help us reach our goal of reading together for 224 hours on the weekend of June 19th-21st. Sound like a lot of reading? Don’t worry, all you need to do is read for fifteen minutes with someone else on one of those three days—then report your time to enter to win prizes! Here’s how:
- Read aloud with anyone—your kids, your roommates, your significant other, your parents, your friends—for at least fifteen minutes.
- Report your time either online (http://everydaylearners.org/readalong-2015/readalong-reporting) or at one of our four local Read-Along sites: the Provo City Library, the Orem Public Library, the American Fork Library, and the Eagle Mountain City Library.
- Once you’ve reported your time, you will be entered into a prize drawing to win stuff from cool places like Thanksgiving Point and the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.
- You can have up to six entries in the drawing, so the more time you read the better your chances of winning!
- For an extra entry, post a selfie of your Read-Along experience and tag it #UtahCountyReads
For each hour we read, Pioneer Book will donate one book to children who are being helped by the local House of Hope family treatment and rehabilitation program. And if we read for 224 hours, that means we’ll raise enough books for each child at the House of Hope this year to get two books!
So join us on June 19th-21st and help us make a difference in our community!
For more information, visit www.everydaylearners.org.