Don’t forget to put out your blue recycling cans on the same day as your regular garbage pickup! Starting this week, we as a city utility have taken over managing and providing recycling services on a weekly basis instead of bi-weekly. Provo’s fantastic weekly curbside recycling program is for those who want to have the convenience of simply dropping recyclables into their blue can and rolling it out to the curb.
When is my garbage & recycling picked up?
Look at the city map at maps.provo.org and enter your home address to find which day garbage is collected at your home. Your cans will be picked up every week. Make sure your cans are out by 6:00AM on pickup day to avoid being missed. Keep in mind that your recycling can will be emptied at a different time during the day than your trash can. Please remove cans from city streets within 24 hours after cans have been emptied.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
A friendly customer service rep can help you sign up for recycling at 311 or (801) 852-6000.
- $5.75/month per blue recycling can ($2 automatic discount on black can service)
- If you have a 2nd black can, switch one out for a recycling can to save $10.75/a month!
Containers Rate (Year-round)
1 garbage (black) cans $14.50/mo
2 garbage (black ) cans $29.00/mo
1 garbage (black) + 1 (blue) recycling $18.25/mo
WHAT CAN BE RECYCLED (NO SORTING NEEDED)
All plastic bottles #1-7, aluminum, aluminum & tin cans, paper products (books, newspaper, junk mail, magazines), cardboard boxes, milk cartons, soda bottles, cereal, packaging boxes, and tied together plastic grocery bags. See more here »
- Don’t put yard waste or regular garbage in your blue recycling cans
- Don’t put Styrofoam, glass, aluminum foil, electronics or anything with food scraps in blue recycling cans
- A fine may occur if garbage is found in blue cans
- You can get a green can from the city specifically for food and yard waste
- Allow 3 feet of space around cans and have lid closed
Check out Provo’s website for more recycling information » provo.org/sanitation