Provo’s Yard Waste Season has started and will run from February 29 through November 25, 2016. Your green yard waste cans will be emptied the same day as your regular garbage pickup. Please have your cans on the side of the road by 6:00 am.
Make sure that you are only putting yard waste in your green cans. We are unable to pick up green cans with unacceptable materials in them.
- No rocks, dirt, sod, paper, building materials, stumps, roots or animal waste
- The lid should be able to close – brush/limbs no longer than 3’ or hanging over can
- Yard Waste: grass clippings, leaves, weeds, tree branches (cut tree branches so they can fit in container)
- Food Waste: fruit, vegetables, bread, coffee grounds, egg shells, pasta/rice
- Other Waste: clean wood & wood chips, compostable paper bags
Not Acceptable Materials
- Meat or any other fatty food scraps
- Garbage, pet feces, plastics
- Sod, dirt, bricks or cement
- Wood products that have been treated with any kind of chemical e.g. varnished wood is not accepted
Yard waste recycling is considered a recycling option when it comes to recycling rates in your utility bill. Participating in yard waste recycling is just three touches away on your phone. Dial 3-1-1 for more information.
If you need to drop off large loads of yard waste or buy compost, the SUVSWD compost station is located at 1625 S Industrial Pkwy, here in Provo.
The compost yard will reopen under Provo City Management on March 4th and will be open through December 3rd from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. (weather dependent) on Fridays and Saturdays.
Drop off of material will be limited to Provo residents who will need to come with a copy of a current City of Provo utility bill. A $5.00 fee for pickup truck loads and for trailers up to 16’ will be applied to their utility bill for each drop off. An additional charge will apply to larger trailer loads.
No stumps or roots will be accepted; nor will any logs larger than 10” in diameter. Logs larger than 4” in diameter will need to be cut to lengths no greater than 3’.
No loads from commercial haulers or landscapers will be accepted.
Mulch will be available to purchase for residents at $2.00 per yard, and for nonresidents at $5.00 per yard, depending on availability.
The Compost yard will be open all week during the Spring and Fall Cleanups, and drop off will be FREE during those weeks. Hours of operation during the seasonal Cleanups will be from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday; and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
- Spring Cleanup: March 28th – May 7th.
- Fall Cleanup: September 26th – November 5th.
The compost yard’s address at the Provo facility—1625 South Industrial Parkway, Provo, Utah.