Just a reminder! Be sure to take your garbage can to the curb one day late this week. Provo’s Sanitation Department will be closed on Labor Day so your service will be delayed one day. For more information, you can view the 2016 Holiday Sanitation Schedule here.
GARBAGE PICKUP INFORMATION
The best way to ensure your garbage is picked up is by following these tips:
- Place cans on the side of the street by 6:00AM on your scheduled day or, better yet, the night before. Remove cans from the curb within 24 hours after they have been emptied.
- Keep cans away from parked vehicles, mail boxes and trees. Place cans 3’ apart and have plenty of clearance above cans.
- Everything must fit inside the can so the lid will close. Dial 3-1-1 to schedule extra pickups.
- When possible, bag the garbage that goes into the black cans.
- Keep garbage out of green yard waste cans and blue recycling cans.
- Your regular garbage/recycle day might have been effected since the recent boundary changes. Be sure to look at Provo’s Interactive Map to find out your regular garbage/recycle pick-up day.
If you have questions about the schedule, call 801-852-6714.0