Come rain or shine, Provo City provides garbage and yard waste collection service Monday – Thursday. Be sure to take your garbage can to the curb according to your regular schedule. During the weeks of major holidays, this service may be delayed one day depending on which day the holiday falls.
Holiday/Special Pick-up Schedule
For the 2017 schedule — New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving will be the only holidays the Sanitation Department will be closed. Garbage will be picked up one day late for those holidays. Below is the holiday sanitation schedule, which also includes yard waste collection beginning and ending dates, as well as Spring and Fall Cleanup dates.
Garbage Pick-up Information
The best way to ensure your garbage is picked up is by following these tips:
- Place cans on the side of the street by 6:00AM on your scheduled day or, better yet, the night before. Remove cans from the curb within 24 hours after they have been emptied.
- Keep cans away from parked vehicles, mail boxes and trees. Place cans 3’ apart and have plenty of clearance above cans.
- Everything must fit inside the can so the lid will close. Dial 3-1-1 to schedule extra pickups.
- When possible, bag the garbage that goes into the black cans.
- Keep garbage out of green yard waste cans and blue recycling cans.
- Check out the 2017 Sanitation Holiday Schedule found in the January 2017 Newsletter.
- Your regular garbage/recycle day might have been effected since the recent boundary changes. Be sure to look at the map below or enter in your address on Provo’s Interactive Map to find out your regular garbage/recycle pick-up day.
Dispose of Large Items
- SUVSWD compost station, 1625 S. Industrial Parkway
- Kiwanis Park, 820 N. 1100 East
- Fort Utah Park, 200 N. Geneva Rd.
- Western Metals, 1776 S. Colorado Ave