Provo City is throwing its first ever Bike Picnic on May 20th as a part of Provo Bike Month! We can’t think of a sweeter way to spend your Saturday afternoon than enjoying a fun, casual bike ride paired with a yummy homemade picnic in the park. Meet us at 4:30 pm at Utah Lake State Park (4400 Center St) dressed in your semi formal attire (the theme is fancy lawn party) and get ready for a best dressed competition as well as best bike decorations and best picnic set up. And be sure to pack your own food and blankets. The fancier the better.
At 5:00 pm we will start the ride along the Provo River trail and pedal through parts of Fort Utah and Lakeview neighborhoods. If you are unable to bike with us feel free to meet us at Lakeview Park for just the picnic portion! There will be live music and lawn games for all to enjoy. Bring your friends, family and neighbors and get ready to enjoy a delightful evening.
Schedule of Events
4:30 pm – Meet at Utah Lake at the Provo Marina
There will be free bike registration and giveaways as we wait for the start of the ride.
5:00 pm – Ride the Trail
Enjoy a fun and casual 30 minute bike ride along the Provo River trail and through Fort Utah and Lakeview Neighborhoods.
5:30 pm – Arrive at Lakeview Park
Arrive at the park and set up your picnic. Be sure to pack your own food and blankets.
5:45 – 7:00 pm – Picnic Festivities
We will have our opening ceremony and the Picnic Begins! During the picnic we will have lawn games and live music (feel free to bring your own lawn games as well!)
- Your bike will need to be registered to ride- we will have officers on site to register your bike for free!
- Bring your own blanket and picnic – and may the best picnic set up win!
- This ride is suitable for all ages – there are wide paths and no hills
- The ride will take about 30 minutes at a slow pace
- Dress up! Have fun with your fancy lawn party outfit and may the best outfit win!
- Bring your own lawn games if you would like
- Have FUN!!