This week the grinding of the concrete road will occur from the I-15 freeway interchange to 1200 South, while paving work on the asphalt road will take place from 900 South to 500 South.
A single lane will remain open in each direction in the construction corridor. Please slow down and watch for crews and equipment throughout the construction zone.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to weather or materials availability.
This project will grind the existing concrete roadway to improve the smoothness and ride for the traveling public. Other items of work include pavement improvement from 920 South to the bridge structure, resurfacing the bridge structure, improved pavement markings and modifying pedestrian ramps to current ADA specifications.
• Crews will work Sunday – Thursday nights, 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
• No work is scheduled to be performed on Friday or Saturday nights.
• Temporary lane closures will be in effect during nighttime work hours, with daytime lane closures occurring during off-peak hours.
• One lane of traffic in each direction will remain open at all times. Please obey all traffic signs/flaggers and slow down for construction crews and slow-moving vehicles.
• Access to businesses will be maintained.
• The project is expected to be completed in June.
For questions, concerns or email updates contact the Public Information Team: