We want to keep our parks maintained and in the best possible condition, especially during this time of year. So it’s important for patrons to follow the pavilion rules and make sure that anything they pack in is packed out.
We’ve noticed pavilions are in disarray after use and large amounts of garbage is being left behind.
The benefits to carrying out your trash and recyclables also include:
- Reducing litter
- Trash can be foraged by animals which can be harmful to them
- Increasing community pride of our parks
- Trash receptacles can detract from the beauty of each park’s natural environment
- Increasing the safety of our patrons by reducing the number of bees, wasps, and other pests
- Allows our limited staff resources to complete other necessary duties to keep the parks maintained
Please leave the pavilion in as good, if not better condition than when you arrived. Remove table covers, tape and any cooking oil or grease from tables, grills, and floors. Pick up all bottles, cans, paper, cigarette butts, etc., and take bagged trash with you when you are finished.