In response to a desire to better understand and respond to our student and young adult population we have created “The Students of Higher Education and Young Adult Advisory Board.” Its purposes include:
- To review, discuss and forward recommendations on issues, concerns, and initiatives of the students of higher educational institutions and other young adults in the Provo community.
- Issues, concerns, and initiatives, may relate to parking, transportation, transit, off-campus housing, recreational and leisure interests, student service opportunities, reaching out with new media to young adult populations and encouraging civic engagement among young adult age groups.
- Members must be between 18 and 30 years of age
- They must live within the city limits of Provo for their entire term
- At least 5 members of the board must be students in the higher education system
- One student member is nominated by the president of the BYU Student Association
- One student member is nominated by the president of the UVU Student Association
- The remaining four members may or may not be students
- Members will serve 2 year terms, except for the student association representatives who will serve one year terms; initial terms will be staggered so not all terms will expire at once
- Members will be appointed by the Mayor, but are subject to the advise and consent of the Municipal Council
- A representative of the Mayor and a member of the Municipal Council will serve as non-voting members of the Advisory Board
Photo courtesy of BYU Photo.