- #1 top metro area for projected percentage growth according to Pitney Bowes Software.
- #4 city where startups are thriving according to CNNMoney.
|Photo by Tosh Metzger|
|Photo by Tosh Metzger|
Update: The winners are Jody (for Friday) and Tim (for Saturday). Congratulations! I guess you’ll be enjoying Black Sheep Cafe and Banana Leaf. Call my office and give us your full names so we can have the tickets waiting for you at the box office. 801-852-6100.
|Timpview High School students helped me fill the truck with food for the food bank two years ago.|
CORRECTION: The food drive is on Saturday, September 29.
Here’s a longer list of Provo’s rankings over the last few years. Even when the city goes up and down between years, it’s significant that it remains in the top 10.
- #1 volunteering (Corporation for National and Community Service; June 2010, August 2011)
- #1 most optimistic (Gallup-Healthways; March 2011 and 2012)
- #1 quality of life (Bizjournals.com; March 2009)
- #2 for business and careers (Forbes.com; April 2010)
- #2 for starting over (Bloomberg Businessweek; June 2009)
- #3 for business and careers (Forbes.com; June 2011)
- #3 for most liveable city (Forbes.com; April 2010)
- #3 for educated job seekers (Brookings Institute; September 2011)
- #4 for wellbeing (Gallup-Healthways; February 2010 and 2011, March 2012)
- #5 for best places to raise a family (Forbes.com; June 2010)
- #6 fastest growing (Census Bureau; March 2010)
- #7 fastest growing (Census Bureau; March 2012)
- #8 for starting over (The Daily Best; November 2011)
- #9 best performing city (The Milken Institute; December 2011)
- #10 for best jobs (Forbes.com; May 2011)
- # 23 for collective brainpower (Portfolio.com; December 2010)
- The 5th largest office park in Utah (Riverwoods Business Park)
- Two of the 25 largest banks in Utah (Central Bank and Capital Community Bank)
- The 9th and 17th largest SBA lenders in Utah (AmBank and Central Bank)
- The 4th largest credit union in Utah (UCCU)
- Three of the top ten insurance companies in Utah
- The 15th largest hotel and three of the largest 25 meeting spaces in Utah
- The 2nd largest professional employer organization in Utah (Employer Solutions Group)
- The 3rd largest hospital in Utah (UVRMC)
- The 4th largest assisted living facility in Utah (Courtyard at Jamestown)
- The 2nd largest e-commerce company in Utah (Ancestry.com)
- The 4th largest institution of higher education in Utah (BYU)
- The 5th largest public relations firm in Utah (Connect Public Relations)
- The 4th largest chamber of commerce in Utah (Utah Valley Chamber)
- The 2nd largest web design agency in Utah (Eli Kirk)
- Five of the top 50 largest publicly traded companies in Utah (Nu Skin, Nature’s Sunshine, Ancestry.com, Alpine Air and Raser Technologies)
- The 6th largest privately held company in Utah and four of the top 100 (Vivint)